Members also benefit from annual activities such as the Christmas Party and the evening of the Annual General Meeting during both of which we offer, among other things, a sight reading. These events invariably end with a Wine & Cheese celebration.
Free concerts open to the public are offered throughout the year.
The Society also organizes other activities on an occasional basis. These activities have included dance-music workshops and technical workshops. These activities are listed in the calendar and in the news section of the website. They are also announced by email - sign up today for our newsletter to find out what is going on. Generally, our activities are open to both members and non-members of the MRS.
All concerts offered are free and open to the public. The Sons & Brioches series of concerts puts the spotlight successively on each of the ensembles of the Montreal Recorder Society throughout the season. Flutissimo, the concert ensemble, is composed of more advanced musicians and offers additional concerts. Watch our news section to find out all the details.
To make the most of our group activities,
- Arrive on time in order to get set up and get your chatting out of the way before the activity starts
- Once the activity begins, limit your interactions with your neighbors; if you absolutely have to chat, do so in a low voice
- Pay attention to the director--they shouldn't have to repeat themselves because participants are making noise
- When you receive new music, work on the fingering, but do it silently
- Come back to your place and be ready to play before break ends
These rules will help everyone from beginners to advanced players, and will help our directors and the group to make the best music possible.