The Montreal Recorder Society receives Maurice Steger!
Maurice Steger, an internationally renowned recorder player and musical director, will take advantage of a series of concerts in Quebec to put his talent and his advice at the service of amateur recorder players in the Montreal Recorder Society, which is extending the invitation to all interested recorder players.
On the program: Interpretation workshop and master class
Date: Sunday, January 22, 2017
Participants will have to enroll at the latest on January 15, 2017. If by this date there are not at least 20 participants enrolled, the activity will be cancelled. Update: the minimum number of participants has been reached, the activity is confirmed!
Place: Ecole de musique Vincent d’Indy, 628 Chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine, Outremont, QC, H2V 2S9, room 265
1:00 P.M. – 3:30 P.M.: Interpretation Workshop
- Aimed at intermediate and advanced recorder players. Consult the following link to Evaluate your level if necessary.
- Scores will be transmitted in advance to enrolled participants.
3:30 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.: Pause and snacks
4:00 P.M. – 5:30 P.M.: Master Class
- Aimed at advanced recorder players (individually or in a small group).
- A maximum of six participants will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Each participant (group or individual) must prepare at most 10 minutes of music.
- No accompaniment provided.
- The participants must prepare a copy of their score for Mr. Steger.
- The public is invited to attend the master class as a spectator. See the fees.
Bring your payment by cheque made out to the Montreal Recorder Society, or in cash, on the day of the event.
Participation in the workshop and/or the Master Class (Participation in the Workshop gives you the right to be a spectator in the Master Class.)
- Member of the MRS: $45 per person
- Non-member: $50 per person
- Less than 30 years old: $25 per person
Spectator in the Master Class only (with a snack starting at 3:30 P.M.)
- Everyone: $15 per person
The activity will be conducted in English with a brief French translation for the important parts.
The level of the workshop will be intermediate to advanced. Here is the program and a sample of each piece.
Those who have enrolled will receive a link to the complete scores by email. If you have not received a link 24h after enrolling, email email@example.com. A file is also available for participants to indicate the voice they choose for each piece.
For the Master Class, hurry up and enroll! It’s first come, first served, and the maximum is 6 participants (individuals or groups).
Join the Facebook event to join in the conversation!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.